This is me

This is me
Howdy!!!

Certified Designer

Certified Designer

Thursday, February 12, 2009

REMEMBERING MY GRANDFATHER

I would like to take a few inches of space to remember my grandfather today.
Everett A. Dutton was born today in 1903. He would have been 106.
Everett was a hard working man who worked during the great depression to take care of his family. He worked in the coal mines in Kansas in the early 40's. Looking for a better future for his family, they packed up their old car with all their belongings and moved to Oregon. Grandpa, Grandma, and my mother all worked in the shipyards in Portland during the great war. After the war effort was over (during which time he lost his oldest son) he worked for the paper mill as well as raising an orchard full of fresh cherries, pears, and apples. I have very early memories of being out playing in the orchards helping my grandpa drive the tractor and trying not to hit the trees. Grandpa was always willing to help people to the best of his ability. Everett passed away on June 13, 1975.
MISS YOUR SMILE AND YOUR LAUGH!!

No comments: