This is me

This is me
Howdy!!!

Certified Designer

Certified Designer

Monday, February 9, 2009

AUSTRALIA FIRES

I would like to take a moment to thank all those who have inquired about my son who lives in Australia. There are horrific fires with multiple deaths, devestating the region. The area where my son lives is not affected. He lives on the far western coast in a town called Perth. Here is some information that I found about the fires: Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd said on Monday the deliberate lighting of bushfires amounts to "mass murder".

He made the remarks while meeting victims of the deadly fires in Victoria. More than 135 people have been killed by the deadliest bushfires in the nation's history over the past three days, and the figures of fire victims are still climbing.

Rudd said that communities wiped out by the fires would be rebuilt and anyone involved in setting such fires had blood on their hands.

"What do you say about anyone like that - there are no words to describe it other than mass murder," Rudd told the Nine Network, adding "This is of a level of horror that few of us anticipated."

Again thank you for all who are concerned.

No comments: