This is me

This is me
Howdy!!!

Certified Designer

Certified Designer

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

ANNIVERSARY--January 7, 2009

  • Today marks the 25th Anniversary of a day that changed my life forever.
  • It was 6:05 PM January 7, 1984 that our family was hit by a DRUNK DRIVER. We received numerous injuries and even though it has been 25 years we deal with the aftermath every day.
  • My oldest son, Doug was paralyzed from the waist down that night and I broke every bone from my waist down..we both had a long recovery period after the wreck and still have issues and hospitalizations periodically. My son had to have one leg amputated and I have had 3 hip replacements.
  • The gal who hit us (Wendy Katchell) was found guilty of criminal negligent homicide due to the fact that she killed her own daughter that night. There were many other assault charges and she did serve prison time. In the time since the wreck, about 5 years afterwards she died from cancer at a relative young age (35ish)
  • As the Founder of the Clackamas County Chapter of Mothers Against Drunk Driving I beg you
  • Don't do this to another family...
  • BE RESPONSIBLE-----DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE

No comments: